Mobile Sound & Video Network > Equipment > Video

Video All equipment used to display & transmit video regardless of event type. This includes projectors, LCD & plasma screens, DVD players, video game consoles, video cables, etc.

Unread 09-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #11
JPR
MSV Addict

I agree with PS3 and people wanting to use their own consoles with setting and everything else. Could create a gaming package for corporate events and organiztions that would not have the games. A Wii might lend itself more to this.

great, more money.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #12
melchz
MSV Contributor

I have a media pc already with my 600ish dvds on it. It is fantastic as far as being able to just plop down in front of the tv and scroll thru them. My tech guru friend built his and I had him build me one too. it was fairly cheap initially. Being near a univerisity they are always upgrading PCs so i bought an older one...like 2.5 ghz or so for about $100. the main cost is in storage as i currently have 3TB of drive space nearly filled. I am at my limit as far as that case goes and will have to buy a different one to hold more drives. We are simply using windows media center and it works fantastic. have a remote for it to which is nice.
melchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Well, after much deliberation (more than a year, lol) I broke down and bought a PS3. I had a $100 Off coupon from Game Stop, just couldn't resist. Paid $250 for the 320 GB version.

I'll post more about it once I get a chance to set it up and use it.

Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #14
Mackinac Movies
MSV Addict

Not really the right thread, but I just saw a commercial last night for somthing like a collage kids special (strange time of year)... just found it, buy a PC (over $699), get an x-box free ($200 value) http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20064263-17.html
tempting, but I already have too many computers.
Unread 06-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #15
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Funny you post that. My son and daughter are taking advantage of that deal. My son is going to give my daughter $100, then she uses that to help buy the laptop. Then my son gets the xbox. Win/win for both of them.
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote