So, our second full scale test went pretty well. Turned up some problems with our extension cords. Funny thing, they worked fine in my yard, but out at our cabin, we found that they were all too small. A trip to Home Depot cured that.
I also found that I did not like the DVD setup, so I am building a new head unit. Everything is on order, and I will post up the review when I get it together. Everything is supposed to be here on Friday, just in time for our first paying gig on Saturday. Now I hate to debut new equipment at an actual gig, so I think I will do a mini test Sat morning, and go ahead with the new stuff Sat night, with full backup available of course.
Here are some neat pics:
June 23, 2010 002.jpg
The sun on the trees made it look like fall - very scenic
June 23, 2010 005.jpg
Gotta clean up that setup!
June 23, 2010 013.jpg
How about that shot!!!
June 23, 2010 014.jpg
We had a good screen image before sundown - that's a music vid there.
June 23, 2010 023.jpg
My camera sucks for night shots.
OK, here we found a problem. This evening was darn near perfect, but it way very very damp. I didn't have my headlamps yet, so I used a flashlight, and my leaf-blower trick. It didn't work this time, I think the screen was too wet. I rolled up about a bazillion bugs on the screen, and when I inflated the next day, they are all stained on there. Figures, 2nd full movie and this happens. Well I will see what happens this Sat, but the backup screen may come out, and we may try to wash the original screen already.
I really can't wait for my new toys on Friday, and our first big gig on Saturday, the buzz around this whole area has been great!!