Mobile Sound & Video Network > Events > Picture Gallery

Picture Gallery Got a picture of your event or setup? Post it here. Since a lot of events take place in dark locations, this will also be the place for tips and tricks on how to get the best picture.

Unread 09-20-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Default CYO Movie Night - August 26, 2010

Notes: Nothing really special here. We've done this party for the past three years. We set up on a baseball field, IN THE DIRT. I hate that part. Need to wash down the screen the next day.

Equipment: DW5000u projector, EON 15" speakers, 15' CB screen

Conditions: nice night, a little cool, but clear (and dirty).

This is the set up area, notice the dirt! We lay down the speaker power cord first (when we remember).

screen_1.jpg

I tried my hand at taking a panorama picture, then stitched them together. It came out ok, I guess (the actual picture is very wide, I had to shrink it to fit it here). There's a guy in a gray and black jacket in the middle of the audience, he appears twice (he was in both pictures I took, as he walking through the crowd handing out glow sticks).

pano.jpg

Here's a shot after starting the movie. We estimated about 150 people (they have doubled the audience size each year for three years). Let's see if we get 300 next year! Also, this photo has been photoshopped in order to bring up the exposure so you can see the audience (but I left the screen image exposure untouched).

screen_2.jpg
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Couple more pictures.

These are pictures (from the morning after the movie night) showing how much dirt the screen picks up from being set up on the baseball field. Ugh, did I mention that I hate this!

the_day_after_yardville_cyo_2.jpg

the_day_after_yardville_cyo_1.jpg
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote