Mobile Sound & Video Network > Events > Movie Events

Movie Events How to coordinate, setup, and run a successful movie event. What should you charge, should you use a contract, what if it rains?

Unread 03-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #11
Mackinac Movies
MSV Addict

When photographing, take more pics then you think you need. And don't use a flash most of the time. I just use a point n shoot, but a better camera where you can control your F stop will yield a better pic for sure.
Unread 03-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #12
JPR
MSV Addict

Thanks for the heads up. Honestly, the few events I've done I've been running like a maniac to the last minute. Probably has to do with my OCD tendencies and overthinking everything. Pictures have always been an afterthought and then I feel weird taking pictures with the show going on.

One of the reasons I'm having a box on wheels made to help streamline everything. Once I get it I'll take some pictures of it. I want to get to the point that it's pretty plug and go.

Neil I might take you up on your offer for one of your pics for my brochure. I will PM if you if that's okay.

Thanks,
Armando
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #13
Mackinac Movies
MSV Addict

Thats fine.

I always have taken extra time and money to streamline a setup and make setup/teardown faster and easier on me. We don't make any $$ except for performance time, so all the extra effort helps .
Unread 03-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #14
JPR
MSV Addict

I am hoping that dedicating a few guys to just screens and not the bouncers as well will help. Usually running all over the place and I ended up doing the whole event a few times. I'm sure the learning curve will come down eventually.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote