Mobile Sound & Video Network > Business Related > General Business Discussion

General Business Discussion Discuss business types (sole proprietor, LLC, corporation), business classifications (rental, service, etc), and any other business related topics not covered elsewhere.

Unread 06-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
JPR
MSV Addict

Default How's business?

I haven't been around in a while but have been really busy. The bouncer season has been out of control.

How's everyone doing? How's business? Any cool events? Is Doug still the New Jersey movie screen king?
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Hey, what's up? Yeah, I haven't been on here much either. My son was admitted to the hospital in April, just got discharged last week. He was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. He had surgery and a long recovery.

Needless to say, I am WAY behind booking parties. I pretty much put everything on hold. But, it might have been a blessing in disguise. I decided to switch things up this year. I'm actually trying to put together a rental package, something simple hopefully. My goal is to have customers rent the equipment and operate it themselves, rather than have me attend each party. I was faced with the decision of either raising my rates, or simply call it quits. I know that I'm in the minority when I say that I am opposed to raising rates, but I just feel that my business would not thrive as well if I charged more.

Anyway, good to know that things are still working for you. My freakin' phone has been ringing off the hook, and I've been pretty much ignoring it. Let me know if you want me to refer anyone your way. Are you near Clinton Township? Got an email from a group there yesterday.
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
JPR
MSV Addict

Hey Doug! I've been good. Its been a crazy year. Sorry to hear about your son. Sounds like things are going in the right direction though.

Rental package or hire someone. Or both.

Yeah I'm about 25 minutes away from Clintion Township. Let me know.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote