Mobile Sound & Video Network > Events > Picture Gallery

Picture Gallery Got a picture of your event or setup? Post it here. Since a lot of events take place in dark locations, this will also be the place for tips and tricks on how to get the best picture.

Unread 06-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
Mackinac Movies
MSV Addict

Default 2nd Movie Test - Hangover

So, our second full scale test went pretty well. Turned up some problems with our extension cords. Funny thing, they worked fine in my yard, but out at our cabin, we found that they were all too small. A trip to Home Depot cured that.

I also found that I did not like the DVD setup, so I am building a new head unit. Everything is on order, and I will post up the review when I get it together. Everything is supposed to be here on Friday, just in time for our first paying gig on Saturday. Now I hate to debut new equipment at an actual gig, so I think I will do a mini test Sat morning, and go ahead with the new stuff Sat night, with full backup available of course.

Here are some neat pics:
June 23, 2010 002.jpg
The sun on the trees made it look like fall - very scenic

June 23, 2010 005.jpg
Gotta clean up that setup!

June 23, 2010 013.jpg
How about that shot!!!

June 23, 2010 014.jpg
We had a good screen image before sundown - that's a music vid there.

June 23, 2010 023.jpg
My camera sucks for night shots.

OK, here we found a problem. This evening was darn near perfect, but it way very very damp. I didn't have my headlamps yet, so I used a flashlight, and my leaf-blower trick. It didn't work this time, I think the screen was too wet. I rolled up about a bazillion bugs on the screen, and when I inflated the next day, they are all stained on there. Figures, 2nd full movie and this happens. Well I will see what happens this Sat, but the backup screen may come out, and we may try to wash the original screen already.

I really can't wait for my new toys on Friday, and our first big gig on Saturday, the buzz around this whole area has been great!!

Last edited by Mackinac Movies : 07-01-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Mackinac Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
Nick Miles
MSV Contributor

We have often rolled up screens, wet. Usually as long as it doesnt rain the condensation alone wont do much of anything to the screen and is often not noticable the next time it is inflated.

And bugs... we too, roll up bugs sometimes but a few parties ago we accitently rolled up a real big one and the next party there was a big blood stain in the screen. We were pissed but we were able to wash most of the bug stuff out.
Nick Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Hey Neil,

I've been really busy this week, so I haven't been on here much. I'll hopefully have more time to post this weekend. But I wanted to come on and wish you luck for tomorrow. Did all the equipment come in that you were expecting?

Don't forget to take lots of pics (if you aren't too busy).
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
Mackinac Movies
MSV Addict

The equipment did come. Some of it did not function as advertised, so I ended up having to re-do my plans on Saturday morning, which did not make me happy. All in all I got everything setup and functioning. The evening went off great. I did take some pics and stuff, and will post them when I get them downloaded.

Bottom line is I am going to have to re-do the head until again, I am still not happy. The new mixer I just got may be going back in favor of a different model. How stupid is that, I got the more expensive one, and it appears that it may not do the stuff the cheaper one will. Go figure.