Mobile Sound & Video Network > Events > Picture Gallery

Picture Gallery Got a picture of your event or setup? Post it here. Since a lot of events take place in dark locations, this will also be the place for tips and tricks on how to get the best picture.

Unread 06-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Default Backyard Movie Birthday Party - April 29, 2011

Nothing new, exciting or different here. This was my first outdoor event of 2011 so I thought I would post a couple pics. Blurry, taken with my cell phone (forgot my camera).

Encountered no problems, everything fired right up! But, IIRC, we did pop a breaker when we first powered everything on. Really need to cut down on my AMP pull.

Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Mackinac Movies
MSV Addict

Good the shake the cobwebs out. Did you do a pre-season test? I am going to try to get that done this weekend if weather cooperates. I have a wedding the night before our first movie, so I am going to test run everything. I haven't powered anything up since last October, so I wanna be ready for June 25 wedding, then July 2nd wedding and 3rd movie. Gonna have a huge crowd for how-to-train-your-dragon the day before the 4th!
Unread 06-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
JPR
MSV Addict

I have movie this Saturday and I must admit I'm a little nervous. We've done other but I didn't do it personally and I will this weekend. I'm not a real techy guy. Really wanted to get it out tomorrow night but not sure the weather will cooperate. Looks like I will have daytime trial run on Saturday.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinac Movies View Post
Good the shake the cobwebs out. Did you do a pre-season test? I am going to try to get that done this weekend if weather cooperates. I have a wedding the night before our first movie, so I am going to test run everything. I haven't powered anything up since last October, so I wanna be ready for June 25 wedding, then July 2nd wedding and 3rd movie. Gonna have a huge crowd for how-to-train-your-dragon the day before the 4th!
I think I fired up the projector in advance. I wasn't worried about the screen and blower (I have a backup blower with me at all times anyway). I was pretty sure the blower would be ok. I take my speakers for granted and that will probably bite me in ass some day. I didn't have back up speakers with me either, but they worked perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR View Post
I have movie this Saturday and I must admit I'm a little nervous. We've done other but I didn't do it personally and I will this weekend. I'm not a real techy guy. Really wanted to get it out tomorrow night but not sure the weather will cooperate. Looks like I will have daytime trial run on Saturday.
Too bad I have party on Saturday or I would lend a hand (and/or support).

Maybe you can hook everything up inside for testing (minus the screen and blower of course)? I would think the screen and blower would be the least of YOUR concerns though considering your experience. Just point the projector at a wall, connect dvd player, mixer, speakers, whatever, and test everything inside.

Good luck on Saturday. Take some pics if you have the time!
Unread 06-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #5
JPR
MSV Addict

Don't worry my ocd won't allow me to leave the house without testing everything out. The equipment works not sure my brain does.
Unread 06-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Good luck today. Weather looks like it should cooperate.

Hey, my party is off Route 287 (again). Do you know if 287 is heavily traveled on Saturday evening? Trying to figure out how much time to leave.
Unread 06-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
JPR
MSV Addict

I am obviously to late answer your question but you should be okay northbound. I called you today as I think I had a minor panic attack. Its all good though. Movie is going on as we speak. Grown Ups. Not a bad movie. Should of taken more pics since this is a beautiful right off a golf course. Didn't want to feel stalkerish. Set up was okay but I had to take my truck and not the trailers. They were using that fir bouncer pick ups. Tomorrow is a little slow but actually busy on monday. This us starting to get in the way of the full tim
Unread 06-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #8
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Yeah, I didn't hit much traffic except a little on the Turnpike. I'm at my event now also. Ugh, showing Role Models (rated R). They switched the movie at the last minute. Was supposed to be Dirty Dancing. I dont like the idea of showing R rated movies. Gonna need to make that clear from now on.

Grown Ups is a great outdoor movie choice, in my opinion.