Mobile Sound & Video Network > Events > Movie Events

Movie Events How to coordinate, setup, and run a successful movie event. What should you charge, should you use a contract, what if it rains?

Unread 09-10-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Default Do you let the credits roll?

How do you end a movie? Do you just stop the DVD, do you let the credits roll all the way through, or do you just fade out the sound and then stop the DVD. I think this is where it helps to know the movie and how it ends. For some movies, the credits are almost a continuation of the movie. For instance, last month we showed Evan Almighty. At the end of the movie they show behind-the-scenes shots of the cast and crew dancing to the song "Everybody Dance Now". In this case, I think you should at least let that song play through. Other movies which dump directly into the rolling credits, I usually fade out the sound, and then power off the projector. Most of the time the audience has gotten to their feet, and are talking or packing up. Usually nobody is sitting watching the credits.

Just wondering what other people do.
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 04:33 AM   #2
Gardenviewcinema
MSV Member

I'm new at the for hire end of things but I would go case by case. Reading the audience is considerate but not critical. Some may sit and watch credits but I don't think they'd be upset if things quickly faded out.
Gardenviewcinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
Mackinac Movies
MSV Addict

I will switch to our pre-show real, static logo or whatever, and let the movie sound roll on for a while. After 5 minutes or so, just about everyone is gone, so kill the projector, blow off the screen, and start yanking plugs and wrapping wires.