Mobile Sound & Video Network > Business Related > Advertising, Promotion, & The Web

Advertising, Promotion, & The Web What's the best way to advertise? Do you need business cards, tee shirts, etc.? Also, tips and tricks on setting up your own website.

Unread 07-14-2010, 01:00 AM   #1
JPR
MSV Addict

Default Trailer Wrap

If you have a trailer and it isn't wrapped or at the very least have a picture of what you do you are losing out on a lot of good advertising. I paid a good chunk of change to have my trailer wrapped but it has paid off tenfold. In between jobs I will shamelessly park it in the supermarket parking lot and wait for the phone to ring. Or get approached at traffic lights for business cards. I think outdoor movies, like bouncers, aren't necessarily prevalent in someone's mind as a party idea. When they see the trailer they feel like they found gold.

trailer-resized.jpg

I have to admit I love my trailer.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Very nice. I got mine wrapped, but I did it all white. Damn, I didn't know you could use pictures.

trailer1.jpg

Of course, I'm kidding.

I've got nothing on my trailer, and you're right, I'm missing out on a lot of good advertising. For me the wrap is what I want to do, so I've been putting it off (never can find the money). So, in the meantime I've left it blank. I really should have put the name on it at the very least. Especially since I think it is REQUIRED to have your business name on a commercial vehicle.

When I've looked into it, it's always been very expensive. How big is your trailer? Can you give me ballpark estimate how much it cost you? I understand if you don't want to say.
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
JPR
MSV Addict

No problem. My trailer is a 6x10 v-nose and it cost $1,700 to wrap it. I can definitely use a bigger trailer but holding off to get a box truck. If you don't want to spend the cash you don't need a full wrap. I like the way it looks but you can be just as effective with just putting your company info and some pics and will cost much less than a full wrap. Probably less than $1k. And remember these guys are hurting like everyone else so you can find some good deals.

While you hold off on the trailer I would get car magnets with your info. Maybe even big enough for the trailer. The # of people that see you driving is nuts.

And yes the wrap was pricey but I can honestly say it was worth it. Besides all the business it has gotten me it also provides a more polished look when you arrive at someone's home.

Last edited by JPR : 07-14-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Unread 07-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
Mackinac Movies
MSV Addict

If you havea secure place to park when not working, then decal/wrap it. Otherwise, staying low-profile is important.

"$1700" *Gulp* That is how much my trailer cost new!
Unread 07-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #5
JPR
MSV Addict

That's New Jersey for you. Yeah the $1,700 is pricey but like I said it has more than paid itself off.

Park it at the house right now. Thinking about getting some storage space somewhere but not in the near future. Haven't had any problems though.
Unread 07-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

From what I've read, $1700 doesn't sound too bad actually. I'm debating having mine painted black, as kind of a "base" color for now. And just put the name on the side.
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
JPR
MSV Addict

Not sure how true this is but I remember reading that white is the best color to add any kind of graphics. Something about it blending better with the plastic. I would ask before getting it painted.