Mobile Sound & Video Network > Events > Picture Gallery

Picture Gallery Got a picture of your event or setup? Post it here. Since a lot of events take place in dark locations, this will also be the place for tips and tricks on how to get the best picture.

Unread 09-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Default Local Town Movie Night - August 21, 2010

Notes: First, this isn't my set up. I saw this event advertised not too far from my house. It was one of several family movie nights a neighboring town was hosting during the summer. Thought I would pay a visit, maybe see if I know who was hired as the provider. As you'll see below, I wasn't very impressed with the set up. I see this as an opportunity for me for next year (I'll probably send a flier to the town next spring).

Equipment: Well, it wasn't mine, so I don't really know what was being used. It was a JVC projector, what looked like a homemade screen, and some seriously underpowered speakers.

First picture. You can see form this picture that the screen was basically a couple of painters tarps hanging from a long 2x4. At least that's what it looked like.

screen_1.jpg

There weren't very many people there, and this might be a problem for next year. It might take a few movie nights done "right" to get a good crowd coming. There was a local band playing (who was pretty good) and they had three bouncers for the kids:

bounce_1.jpg

bounce_2.jpg

bounce_3.jpg

Here's what the screen looked like after they turned on the projector. The one big problem I see with the set up is the fact that the screen goes all the way to the ground. This makes it much more difficult to see if you are not in the front row. Also, when the movie started, the volume was way too low. The operators were scrambling around to try to fix it for several minutes, but it never got louder. They eventually just moved the speakers closer to the audience. But we were standing in the back and could barely even tell the volume was on.

screen_2.jpg
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
JPR
MSV Addict

Not the nicest bouncers either. Doug, once you get the job I will provide the bouncers. jk

I really hope that was a town employee putting it together to save some cash and that it wasn't a paid job. That set-up is bad for all of us.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR View Post
Not the nicest bouncers either. Doug, once you get the job I will provide the bouncers. jk
Whoa, yes, absolutely! Let's do it.

I agree, I hope it was someone just slapping a set up together. I was choosing my words above carefully, trying not to put it down completely (but it was tough).

Last edited by Doug Miles : 09-20-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote