Mobile Sound & Video Network > Events > Picture Gallery

Picture Gallery Got a picture of your event or setup? Post it here. Since a lot of events take place in dark locations, this will also be the place for tips and tricks on how to get the best picture.

Unread 06-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Default Backyard Movie Party - June 18, 2011

Notes:
Pretty typical backyard movie party. The backyard was sloping (didn't know that in advance) so I had to use some "stuff" from the trailer to level the screen. I think it came out ok. I was originally told that the movie would be Dirty Dancing, but they switched at the last minute to Role Models (seemed like a strange combination of movies to be choosing from). Role Models is rated R, so I kind of had a problem with this (especially since there were some young children there, under 5 years old). There's a little nudity in this movie, and a whole shit load of cursing. On one hand, hey it's their party, let them show whatever they want. But, on the other hand, my reputation is at stake. I don't want my business name associated with any discussion of inappropriate content, etc. This doesn't happen often though, so I don't think it is worth the trouble worrying about.

Equipment:
DW5000u, single lamp (2250 lumens), 10' Chinese screen, 10" eons

Conditions:
It was a really great night, clear sky. Seemed to take longer than usual to get dark.

Picture details:
Only one pic. Just wanted to show how low the branches were from the tree. We kept the projector really low, the branches did not cast a shadow on the screen even though they look like they might.

Shutter speed: 1/8 sec
F-stop: 2.8
No flash
Time picture taken: 8:44 pm
Sunset: 8:30 pm

Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote