Mobile Sound & Video Network > Equipment > Concessions and Supplies

Concessions and Supplies Popcorn, cotton candy, pretzels, sno-cones, yum! Also discussions about glow sticks, tickets, etc.

Unread 05-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Default Glow sticks

I began offering glowsticks this year, and I must say, the demand is pretty good. I purchased a case of 600 (through Ebay). They are the 22" ones that also come with a connector (in order to make a necklace). I found an auction that seemd to have a lower price than I could find anywhere else.

I have discovered a problem though. The case I bought was made up of several different colors. I think there are 4 different colors, pink, yellow, green, and purple. This poses a problem when you get to an event though. How do you handle which colors to give out? It has become a nightmare letting kids pick which color they want. You would think it was a life or death decision in some cases.

So I have decided now to purchase the tri-color ones. No more decisions to make as they are all the same.

Just some food for thought.

Here is a link to an Ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-22-Inch-Tri-...QQcmdZViewItem

Doug
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
Doug Miles
MSV Pro

Just a follow up here. The glow sticks I purchased last year I think were Wizard's Wand brand. I just measured one, and it is only 20" long, not 22". The new tri-color ones I bought are actually 23" long. I think that is substantial as many people make necklaces out of them, and the extra 3" could help.

I don't remember the brand name of the tri-color ones, I'll post back with the name. But they are longer as I mentioned, but also thinner. Not sure if that is good or bad. They come packaged as 100 per tube, whereas the Wizard's Wand brand came 50 per tube.

BTW, connectors (in order to connect the ends together) are included with each tube.
Doug Miles is offline   Reply With Quote